So Guerrila Marketing is the evil stepbrother of “traditional marketing” and equals legal trouble? Not if it is done the right way. That’s what this story is about…
CAMPAIGN FOR SWISS…
We just did a campaign for our client Swiss International Air Lines in Berlin, Hamburg & Stuttgart.
This campaign was all about parking at the right places at the right time and showing Germans some snow (although fake) that they don’t see very often any longer.
We covered a number of cars in each city with completely bio-degradable snow imitation (See pitcures underneath and end the end of the blog post). Some areas where left blank to leave the cars driveable and show the logo and message of our client. The cars were driven in the inner cities and parked at various public places to generate some attention among pedestrians and cars driving by.
RESULTS & FEEDBACK:
The snow-covered cars turned into true show stoppers. Almost everyone looked at them. People were stopping and discussing the cars. 1000’s of pictures of the cars were taken. People were posing in front of the cars like they were major tourist attractions.
The catch phrases at the cars made people smile when they found out what this was all about.
Here are some sample statements from bypassers:
“We are watching you already for a couple of days and already placed some bets on you”
“I thought my colleagues were kidding. You are for real!”
“I already noticed you yesterday in the inner city”
“Stay exactly like you are. I need to take another photo”
“You’ve done great!”
“This is funny”
“Not even the German Chancellor has such a nice car”
“Oh my god, snow!!! Is it real???”
– New way of using fake snow (we haven’t hear of anything similar yet). The material was altered in order to stick to the cars during rainfall and wind – still no damage to tthe paint.
– Simultaneous campaign in 3 major cities (rather unusual in Germany)
– A client that we really like working together with.
– OK weather in all three cities (very rare in Germany this summer!)
– Lot’s of great parking opportunities in all three cities. We didn’t have to “tag” anything or create any mess. We just got great free publicity.
– Tons of word of mouth. People were calling their friends right at the spot: “You should see this…” Even our client received many right away.
This was a nice success story. No complains. Only positive reactions. The values of Swiss International Air Lines could be communicated in a charming way without violating the law.
More images are available at our site at flicker.com…